Snapchat and Instagram
What it does
Gives unbiased reactions to photos sent through the app, such as getting insights into our outfit idea for a special occasion. Reactions from the users' friends are analyzed through Azure Face API to detect their emotions, where these reactions are sent back to the users to get feedback on how they look. Similar to Snow White's magic mirror.
How we built it
- Prototype: Adobe XD
- Front-end: React-native and Redux
- Back-end: Stdlib, Azure Face API, Azure Database and Azure Blob Storage.
Challenges we ran into
Coming up with an innovative and valuable product that we can build within 24 hours.
- Integrating the back-end with the front-end
- Using Stdlib's web console
- Setting up the database using Stdlib
Accomplishments that we're proud of
Putting together an app from start to finish. We also learned how to use new technologies to build the app (e.g. using Stdlib, Azure's APIs and SDKs).
What we learned
- Teamwork - designers and developers working together
- Putting together a product from start to finish within 24 hours
- Using Stdlib, Azure's APIs and SDKs
What's next for Magic Mirror
iOS App, Bitmoji integration, a partnership with Instagram and Snapchat