In my free time I am always experimenting with new technologies and try to build something cool with them. Flutter is no exception. 2 years ago I built a simple demo with some particles rendering text. When I saw the puzzle challenge I decided to try and create a puzzle made of particles. Here is my initial attempt :)

What it does

My project is basically a copy of the SimplePuzzle, but the board is made of hundreds of simple particles that build up the tiles. Tile movement animation is the main focus of this project.

How I built it

  1. Created a new theme (MadParticles) based on the SimpleTheme
  2. Redesigned the layout - the tiles are not really separate. The board controls everything
  3. Tile border ordering and rendering
  4. Rendering of digits
  5. Click events & Shuffle binding
  6. Experiment with particle count, movement, etc.

Challenges I ran into

Rendering the digits was really tough - I wanted to capture the tiles of the simple puzzle on the fly, but since they are not rendered when MadParticles is active it was really tricky. At the end I just hardcoded the coordinates (which were generated from another playground project I did some time ago)

Accomplishments that I am proud of

  1. Made a working version
  2. I really like the animation effects
  3. The project is a cool base for further experiments (color effects, performance upgrades, etc.)

What I learned

I learned a lot of stuff like how to use the BLoC pattern, coding style guides, testing, i18n

What's next for MadParticles Puzzle

Playing around and testing stuff in my spare time.

Built With

Share this project: