Inspiration

As a child, I loved playing MadLibs. We hoped to bring this simple joy by creating a simple program that simulates the popular game.

What it does

It takes in a custom story with certain words taken out. It prompts the user to fill in the blanks, and then it prints the finished story, often creating amusing results.

How we built it

We used Java.

Challenges we ran into

We have not been able to figure out how to efficiently deal with input that has a space between words, as this is treated as two blanks and not one.

Accomplishments that we're proud of

This game works on any story and with any type of blanks.

What we learned

Because we wished to make this a webpage or an app, we learned that our current knowledge is insufficient to do so and that there is a lot that we, as freshmen, can learn.

What's next for MadLibs

We will strive to develop it into an app that makes madlibs a widely accessible game.

Built With

Share this project:
×

Updates