Saw a crazy git controller at HackLondon... Thought I can do crazier!
What it does
When a user touches a leaf on the Aloe Vera plant it triggers a macro on the computer
How I built it
Using an Arduino and Vibration sensors to detect touch on the leaves. The Arduino acting as a HID device
Challenges I ran into
Nothing actually worked properly
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
That I can come up with crazy shit! and that I learned some stuff.
What I learned
- Never ever ever use an Intel Edison Again, this is 3 times is screwed your hack!
- Makey-Makeys just dont have the resolution
- Maplin make awful Arduino boards!
- Vibration sensors are seriously finickity!
- Flashing Arduino firmware as a HID sometimes... just doesn't work
What's next for Macro Vera
Maybe keep the Aloe Vera, maybe try it again with a psychogalvanometer so it will actually works.