ngrok tunnel and node server
speech to text interface
Using api.ai and nodejs and messenger, created a bot that you can talk to to your computer with and also do useful things including but not limited to:
- play music (search by artist and songs)
- open apps (Chrome, PyCharm, Messenger, iTerm, ...)
- open websites in Chrome
- stop playing music
- close apps
- make small talk (https://www.facebook.com/weiweimacbot)
- you can event ask MacBot about the weather!
Things you should try out:
- Hi, How are you, greetings
- Play music, Play song name, Play artist name
- Start app name
- Stop current app, Stop app name
- Stop current song, Stop song name, Stop playing artist name
- How is the weather in Michigan, What is the forecast for Hawaii, What is the weather for state/city
- Go to website
Deployed using Heroku free hosting services.
You can talk to MacBot directly at this website!!!
Instructions for local setup.
- clone this repository
- cd into directory
- execute npm install
- edit server.js
- find the username and ip address and password of a local mac computer that you have access to and replace the placeholders in server.js
- start ngrok at a port of your choosing e.g ngrok http 5008
- webhook from api.ai with your consersational agent 'https://whispering-castle-23170.herokuapp.com/ai'
- webhook from facebook app interface 'https://whispering-castle-23170.herokuapp.com/webhook' with the token 'try2'
- enjoy all the automation!!!!