React Native application for finding a buddy to eat lunch with and facilitating spontaneous, lunchtime adventures! Our team often struggles with flaky, noncommittal friends, so we turned to phone apps to help us find new (better) ones. If your lunch buddy cancels on you, their "flake count" will increase and they will be barred from the app for a set amount of time.
We clearly had a lot of fun ideating and developing this app. Each team member had little to no experience working with React Native, so this was a great opportunity for us to learn so much about React Native, Firebase, Google and Facebook APIs, and Expo together through our project and sponsored workshops (and of course, eat some great food!).
- Facebook authentication
- Creating, editing, and deleting lunch requests
- Push notifications to match you with other random users
- Messenger integration to start further conversation
Potential Future Features:
- Multiple locations per request
- Facebook Friend integration
- Sharing on social media
- Company/sponsorship integration