low fare notification
The pain point of flight order for end user is the fare keeps changing and end user do have enough to monitor the fare change
What it does
The end user can subscribe a notification for a given origin, destination, departure date and return date. Then the application will tracker the low fare. When the low fare available, it will notify to end user. The end user can book the flight directly by the application.
How I built it
Sabre API LowFareForecast REST API.
- user input the routing
- application do a LowFareForecast, if the fare is low enough, then user can book, otherwise, user can start a tracker to monitor this fare
- in case of fare monitor, a client side/server side task will be triggered. the task will check low fare periodically, when low fare is available, then notify to end user
Challenges I ran into
- notification in time
- low application power consumption
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
Make trip more easy
What I learned
Sabre LowFareForecast API, Sabre REST basic
What's next for LowFareTracker
- Server side forecasting task: make the low fare forecast more efficient.
- Persistance connection between client and server: make the notification more in time
- Add hotel low fare monitor