Quickly sharing files on desktop is hard
- What should we use?
- Email: size limit
- Cloud: expensive, size limit, not private
- File upload sites: Slow, ads, not private
What it does
- Lockr makes it easy to share files among peers
- Peer 2 Peer file sharing
- Drag and drop files into a shared folder, simultaneously updates all peers
How we built it
We built Lockr using Python, IPFS, Flask, and Sqlite.
Challenges we ran into
Initially we had challenges designing the network back-end for our project.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
Integrating IPFS successfully into our app.
What we learned
We learned a lot about IPFS and peer-to-peer networks
What's next for Lockr
- Add end to end encryption
- Improve GUI
- Clean up code