The four of us was trying to determine what sort of problem to tackle this hackathon. Out of all the ideas that we came up with, we thought that this was the strongest of all.
What it does
Local Deals notifier is an Android app where it receives deals notifications from immediate nearby businesses. The user can select the deal and claim it in store by tapping it on a NFC reader, which will then be taken into the total.
How I built it
We used Android Studio as our primary front end, as well as Firebase as our backend server. We also used an Arduino to create the checkout circuit.
Challenges I ran into
- Communicating between Arduino and Android via bluetooth
- Finding a workaround for my NFC shield that gave up on me Friday night :(
- Integrating Firebase into Android
- Geolocation and finding the nearest restaurants
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- Being able to see all the different pieces of the hack put together :)
What I learned
- to never sleep only a mere 45 minutes over the entire 36-hour hackathon....that is just madness ## What's next for Local Deals Notifier
Log in or sign up for Devpost to join the conversation.