Our endearing love for decentralized next-generation blockchain technology, and the future of the web.
What it does
LipsumLogin is a passwordless login page that uses Metamask to uniquely identity the user by cryptographically signing a given message.
How we built it
LipsumLogin was built with the Express node.js web framework, nginx, and Materialize for styling.
Challenges we ran into
Some challenges we ran into were:
- Cryptographically verifying Ethereum signatures with the proper formatting
- Handling sessions/cookies appropriately
- Front End & Back End Integration
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Very glossy, user-friendly page
- Robust API
What we learned
- Time given should be a major factor in setting the scope of the project
- Setting up VMs & Projects in Google Cloud Compute
What's next for LipsumLogin
- Further generalizing the project, and opening it so others can learn & use it
- More documentation
- Integration with our future projects
- Adding other login methods (TOTP, U2F)