- Explore the potential of digital identification while safeguarding sensitive personal information on the blockchain.
- Develop best practices for storing semi-secure data in event registration use cases.
What it does
- Enables users to create and manage events with a secure and efficient registration process.
- Leverages smart contracts and Chainlink's decentralized oracle network for transparent and reliable event registration.
- Protects user data while ensuring the integrity of the registration process.
How we built it
- Solidity: Used for writing smart contracts.
- React Native: Utilized for the front-end development.
- Chainlink and IPFS: Integrated to offload expensive data storage to IPFS using Chainlink's decentralized oracle network.
- AWS Lambda functions: Implemented for IPFS connection and badge creation.
Challenges we ran into
- Learning Solidity from scratch.
- Limited documentation for external adapters and Chainlink nodes.
- Testing Chainlink locally was not feasible, requiring deployment and testing on a testnet.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Development of the generalized Storable module for data offloading to any contract.
- Efficient implementation of a pseudo-linked list structure in the Registrations contract.
What we learned
- Deep understanding of Solidity and its patterns.
- Realization of the power of decentralization and its advantages over traditional server-based systems.
What's next for LinkEvent
- Continued refinement and enhancement of the platform.
- Exploring collaboration, incubation, or acceleration opportunities.
- Further exploration of cryptocurrency adoption in the events industry.
- Scalability and seamless integration of cryptocurrencies within the platform.