Inspiration

We were inspired by the current refugee crisis, and wanted to build an app which helped build an interface between western countries and migrating refugees, as well as helping the refugees become more established by tackling the language barrier.

What it does

LingExchange matches and connects refugees with people who are willing to teach them english through conversation.

How we built it

We built it mainly using Python for the back-end and Weebly for the front-end.

Challenges we ran into

We had issues making the back-end and front-end meet in the middle, and hope to improve this by learning how to use Django in the future.

Accomplishments that we're proud of

We're proud of sorting out the back-end development logic, and learning more about front-end development.

What we learned

We learned a lot about front-end development. Most of us are comfortable with python but have never set up a website before.

What's next for LingExchange

Merge the back-end and front-end development using Django or Flask.

Built With

Share this project:

Updates