Lightning Network Simulation
This repository is a majors dissertation project for Aberystwyth University. The aim of this project is educational. Please, read the Wiki.
- Simulation tool: Stable ✅
- Analysis tool: Stable ✅
How it works:
There is a list of pre-made networks :
- Tiny (10 nodes)
- Small (25 nodes)
- Medium (50 nodes)
- Big (500 nodes)
All the defualt networks have nodes well-connected. However, you can create a new Lightning Network and choose a different network topology by selecting:
- Number of Nodes
- Number of channels per node
When a network is loaded. You can start the simulation by clicking Edit>Start and random nodes start to generate transactions along the network.
- Get the source code.
- Make sure you have JDK SE 8.
- You can use the main folder as an Eclipse or IntelliJ IDEA workspace.
- Build the maven projects.
- Run the GUI suite com.carlos.lnsim.lnsim.GUI
- If you do not get the simulation up and running please create an issue ticket.