Wanted a way to simplify the process of selling used textbooks, and remove the middle-man, creating a direct line between buyer and seller, as opposed to buying and selling from 3rd parties.

What it does

It displays listings of used books created by users who are selling their books, providing a contact method to directly talk with the seller.

How we built it

We worked with html, css, and java script, through the Meteor framework.

Challenges we ran into

We ran into trouble getting the database working properly to allow sellers to post their listings to the site. Unfortunately this means users cannot post or view listings. This also meant we could not implement a search function to search for a specific book on the site. This ultimately resulted in a website that just displays the concept of what we wanted to accomplish.

Accomplishments that we're proud of

We are proud of our concept and design built off of it. Being that this was most of the teams' first hackathon, we are proud of what we did get working.

What we learned

We learned how to use Meteor framework as well as html, javascript, and css to create a website and deploy it through Meteor.

What's next for Libroke

We wish to get the database structure figured out to implement the other features that we had planned including searches, limiting listings to local listings only, user login and profiles, and being able to post your own listings.

Share this project: