Today's communication is based on fast messaging. We would like people to discover again the pleasure to write long letters.
What it does
It offers the ability to connect with friends and send them letters. Unlike Twitter, there is a minimum number of characters to encourage people to think about a real message they want to send to a friend, a relative or an unknown person. Once a letter is sent, the recipient must wait a certain time before he can read the letter, simulating real life post service.
How I built it
First, we found some ressources and exemples of website ( for the design ) and then we thought about the design in a first draft (sketch with the app procreate). One part of our team worked in html and css, designing the identity of our website and the other part worked on the backend in Ruby (for exemple connection tools and concept of friends).
Challenges I ran into
- Team coordination during a viral pandemic
- Create a visual identity in one weekend
- Understand new languages and frameworks like Ruby on Rails
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- All icons and pictures in the project are home-made with the Procreate app for iPad
What's next for Dear Unknown
- Implementation of new features