We are very intrigued with the prompt #1 from the EVEN and we want to bring personal loans to more wider people. That is why we decide to add plugin to the Amazon checkout as many people use Amazon for shopping.
What it does
It gives user an option to loan the amount of money that is equal to "Order Total" in the Amazon checkout.
How we built it
- Use HTML/CSS for the interface
- implement .js file for handling the logic and fetch the EVEN API
- web scrapping the data to be passed in to the EVEN API (this includes "order Total", first name, and last name)
Challenges we ran into
- Cross Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) -- we were drawn back for a while because the application couldn't call the API due to the localhost
- Cross Origin Variable as we are trying to pass one value from one page to another page. It took us a while to understand how to do that.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- able to help more people to get closer to get personal loans easier from shopping at Amazon
What we learned
- We learn how we are working very well with each other
- We learn to prioritize our functionalities
What's next for LendmE
- able to implement to other websites, such as target.com, walmart.com, and many other retailers