Being productive. Having an extremely short attention span. Prerecorded videos piling up due to procrastination and unwillingness.
What it does
It grabs your attention and doesn't let it go. Our web extension, once enabled, will track your gaze and move around an RGB oval
obstructing your screen where you look which improves your viewing experience by transcribing the lecture live and displaying the captions on the oval. The sound is also converted into one of a random tone and pitch.
How we built it
Challenges we ran into
- None of us knew how to build a Chrome extension, so some time was spent reading through documentation and figuring out the order in which scripts are loaded.
- Finding the relevant APIs to help us achieve our goal was difficult, as many are paid services.
- Learning how to collaborate on a software engineering project.
- Audio generated by the transcription was picked up again in a feedback loop
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Smoothing out the gaze tracking
- Learning LOLCODE
- Finally watched our lectures.
What we learned
- Building Chrome extensions
What's next for Lecture Productivity Extension
We understand users love customisability, therefore future improvements could add:
- Support for multiple languages
- Different obstruction effects (e.g. blur)
Log in or sign up for Devpost to join the conversation.