What it does
This platform takes us closer to an end-to-end automated answer correctness checking system. The interface enables teachers to upload text comprehension tests (in the form of texts and questions about them) and enables students to be evaluated on their submitted answers.
How we built it
Challenges we ran into
It takes around 8 hours to train a neural network. Moreover, many services (Google, Amazon, Microsoft) do not allow to use given credits to train a neural network on GPUs, so we had to train the network on CPUs.
What's next for LearnIt
We have planned to use Amazon Alexa, Amazon Lex, Microsoft Azure and other to:
- Provide voice input and voice output to make the interaction with the website easier
- Use personal assistants which can read the text, ask a question, listen and evaluate the answer.
- Use Vision APIs to allow questions not only about texts but also about images.
- Train a model which can perform paraphrasing a text to augment the data set used for training and testing.
- Experiment with deeper neural networks architectures