Learn how to use new hardware, and play a little with leap-motion!
What it does
Well, just fly a drone without a controller.
How we built it
First of all, we have connected a Leap-Motion to an arduino through a computer. then we have managed to connect the arduino to a drone controller using a protoboard.
Challenges we ran into
- We came with the idea that arduino has analog output pins, but we discovered that it only emulate them by PWM, that is a digital signal and doesn't work for emulating an analog potenciometer, that is what we wanted.
- Finally we solve this by using a low-pass filter, but for building them we need some capacitors that we haven't token from home, so we went to the city centre to buy them. ## Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Hacking a drone controller and pinch them using an arduino.
- Solving our problem with the lack of analog outputs using low-pass filters. ## What we learned
- We learned to use the SDK of Leap Motion.
- And we learned to use the arduino and his libraries. ## What's next for Leap Drone
- Get a better drone because our is almost dead.
Log in or sign up for Devpost to join the conversation.