- It's very difficult to find a new place to live whenever we move to a new place. Especially when we move to a new country or provide. When we shift to new cities, it becomes very essential to find the area that best suits our needs and provides us with the best facilities nearby which were our major inspiration for this project. To make moving to new places easy and comfortable.
⚙️ What it does
- It makes moving to new places easier. You can go to our app to find the best places to live. It uses the Google Maps platform to find and show the best places to live easily. You can just enter a place, set the radius, and click on the blue button to see the results. We have also made our place exploration so amazing that the user will see 3d and satellite views on opening the details for a place. You can also filter necessary places like schools and restaurants using this app by swiping to the right. It makes it very easy to find the best location live. You can also, explore countries in our app.
🛠️ How we built it
- For Frontend and Graphics we use Canva, Figma, and other designing tools.
- We built this app using Flutter, dart, an android emulator, and google Maps. It is our first try with Google maps and it was worth it to try it out, even though it wasn't easy to use it. but we were all really interested in learning - so for this hackathon, we committed to it!
⚠️ Challenges we ran into
- Since only none of us was familiar with Google Maps, it was a pretty steep learning curve. It was difficult to work with maps at first, but in the end, we are able to do it.
- We had problems with integrating Google Maps API because dart+flutter+googleMaps was never done before and we couldn't find any blogs, docs, or tutorials.
👩💼🧑💻 Accomplishments that we're proud of
- We are proud to make this project functional and working that solves real-world problems in a certain manner.
- We are immensely proud of achieving a good team contribution with each of the members who have n contributed to the project in some way or another.
- We're very pleased with the end result.
⚓ What we learned
- We learned that it can be frustrating at times to try to learn an entirely new language and software as a team. But it was also, really, really fun, the most important things are to remember we're all in this together, and to never give up. Some bugs take a lot of time to fix but we just gotta try and try until we succeed. we gotta put in our 100%, at the end of the day it doesn't matter if we lose or win, what matter is did we give our best.
🤝 What's next for later
- Publish on App Store.
- Send updates over the Phone with Twilio.
- connect countries with a map