Inspiration

A few members of our team either can speak more than one language or want to. This application was thought up as a way to both help people learn a new language and to help built a community together around learning and teaching languages to others.

What it does

What it was meant to do was be an application that was manly focused on phone that would take data on what languages people wanted to learn and what languages they knew and to help individuals meet to help the spread of languages.

How we built it

We used Javascript, HTML5, CSS, React. We started with the creation of the flowchart on whimsical. User flow helped us picturing the final project. Then we had distributed the roles between the team members. The first step was to create a sing in and sign up forms. Then we added a header to our website. The third step was to create a homepage and a login page.

Challenges we ran into

Our biggest challenge was that our current skillsets were not quite developed enough to create a fully working sample of our project idea.

Accomplishments that we're proud of

We have successfully managed to work as a team and build a prototype of a future application.

What I learned

Most of the group learned that this was a bigger project than what we can chew in simple words. This project requires more knowledge than what we as 2nd years know. As well as that, we also learned some javascript.

What's next for LangExchange

We plan to continue working on LangExchange after HackDavis. We're all excited about our first major collaborative design project. We're looking forward to learning more through our first design project outside of the classroom

Share this project:
×

Updates