Privacy is a major concern these days! With this in mind, we envisioned- what if we could make a system where we can share data privately yet have the ability to track the access to this data. This was the inspiration for our project especially in the healthcare industry where privacy is an important concern. And blockchain, is the best way to solve this problem.
What it does
Whatever data/file that you want to share is converted into an NFT but with state of the art encryption technologies to make it private! Sharing is as simple as sharing tokens and with the help of blockchain, tracking it becomes easy. This way we can manage all our medical records and then share them with doctors/consultants privately.
How we built it
We built a frontend to upload and share data using Angular, Bootstrap. And the contract was made using AssemblyScript for the NEAR protocol. We used tools such as Google Docs and MIRO boards for the "ideation" process and research work.
Challenges we ran into
- Technical problems while deciding the platform (blockchain) for the encryption to work
- Combining all the technical aspects to get the PoC working
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Learning about blockchain - since its our first time
- Thorough research of the market and project
- Networking with various people that have guided us.
What we learned
All the sessions that were conducted gave us a lot of knowledge and insights ! Along with the technical aspects of the blockchain, we learnt how to build a roadmap and prototype for a use case using this technology.
What's next for "Kord - Sharing data privately"
- Building a complete hassle free app experience.
- Building a brand and advocating the use of blockchain.
- Deployment and getting our first clients & users!
Log in or sign up for Devpost to join the conversation.