Our MVP is live and tested by 10+ experts and mentors. You can find our pitchdeck here: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1_q89Yw2SLV88CorN6BGtWY-D4J_ftb9XPyqI1x8Nfek/edit?usp=sharing
Our video pitch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXpfsEigSmA&feature=youtu.be
For younger people its easy to connect with each other through video calling apps but for senior family members it is a lot more difficult. They see obstacles in downloading apps and creating accounts. These technological barriers create loneliness in times people need each other the most. With Knus we want to alleviate pain through connecting people with video calling. Our mission is to bring technology to the industry that needs it the most; Healthcare. By white labeling our platform we can have the technology with our partners branding.
What it does
Knus connects people through video calling. You make a link, share the link with a senior family member and they can open it on their smartphone, tablet or laptop/computer.
How we built it
We started out with React on the front-end, a signaling server with ASP.NET Core and SignalR on the back-end and coturn as TURN server (to relay non-P2P WebRTC traffic). We have now dropped SignalR and coturn in favor of a third-party provider so we can focus on the core features.
Challenges we ran into
- New technologies that we haven’t used before come with their own challenges.
- Setting up the platform.
- Connecting devices and platforms.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Creating a high performing team.
- Developing a proof-of-concept and MVP within 3 weeks.
- Being able to test it with senior family members and other elderly people.
What we learned
- Team work makes the dream work.
- Determination and right skill set combinations brings a team from idea to concept to MVP.
- We are a full remote team, with 2 team members in The Netherlands and 2 members in Poland
What's next for Knus - Click & Call: video calling for elderly
- The software is universal but with the right branding, we are able to setup our platform locally per country. Therefore we are looking for partners to set this up per European country.
- Cooperate with elderly living facilities in the Netherlands and EU.
- Whitelabel platform to speed up implementation and adoption rate in the healthcare industry.
- Keeping a LEAN and fast moving pace forward in developing features.
Potential features (to be implemented)
- After the COVID-19 crisis our platform can be used for remote care (like a medicine intake check) to reduce workloads and costs in healthcare
- Screen sharing functionality
- The sky is the limit! Our first partners will be able to request fast features that they need.
Our platform is incredibly easy to scale. In order to setup our platform in white label form for our potential customer, we only need to setup the platform on the clients side with their branding. The amount of users will not pose a problem, we simple scale our back-end to meet greater user amounts.
After the COVID-19 crisis our platform can be used to cut back on commute time to clients for small but nessecary visits (think of medication intakes)