I handled the front-end look and UI of the app. It was a major challenge at first, since we were all coming in with different development environments, and I couldn't get a map displayed with the HTML/CSS/JS boilerplate template we had used to start. We also had a number of issues with setting up my localhost, and trying to configure WAMP.
Eventually, we decided to just make the front-end with create-react-app (CRA), and use the built-in localhost with CRA. Once we did that, things went more smoothly. I was able to create a map using react-map-gl (Uber's React-friendly version of Mapbox), and set up a few markers for downtown parking garages. Each marker shows a pop-up on click that will reveal to users how many parking spaces a given lot has available.
This was a great challenge for building something with a team in a very limited amount of time--so limited, in fact, that this isn't remotely "finished"! It was great to learn more about how different devs set up their work environment, and about how to configure Apache servers (even if that was a bit of a dead-end).
I also managed to learn more about managing external packages in a React app, and adding my own custom styles to pre-packaged software like Bootstrap.