Knobot is a serverless slackbot built with one purpose, to bring together your teams expertise and knowledge, right where you work - in Slack!
Knobot powers your collective knowledge - capturing, finding and sharing valuable information and putting your people in touch with the expert they need.
- Keep your nuggets of gold. Capture information surfaced in team conversations and add it to Knobot.
- Simply create knowledge and add it directly from Slack.
- Democratise valuable information. No specialist knowledge-base, wiki, or integration is required.
- Find the experts in your organisation. Mention their skills in Knobot, promote their contribution and give kudos.
- Bring Knobot to your customer channels to them directly to knowledge and expertise
Architecture behind Knobot
- The serverless 1.0rc-1 framework is used to manage the dev/prod staging to AWS Lambda.
- AWS Elastic Search powers the team wide knowledge storage and retrieval.
- NLP Compromise is used for natural language parsing of requests.
How to build & run
- Install serverless 1.0rc1 framework
- Configure serverless with the appropriate AWS credentials (more here)
- Create an Elastic Search service in AWS.
- Pull the 'knobot' source
- Create a Slack App (with a BOT, and the appropriate Event API permissions)
- You'll need to update the 'knobot-utils.js' file to include the Slack App client details.
- Also update the Elastic Search endpoint in 'knobot-utils.js'
- Run 'npm install' and 'serverless deploy' from the knobot-lambda/ directory
- You're now up and running. Take note of the 'auth' and 'eventendpoint' urls
- Head back to Slack, and update/verify the 'auth' and 'eventendpoint' urls in your App
- Now, create a 'Add To Slack' button.
- Click on 'Add to Slack', and install knobot to your team.