Kiva is a non-profit organization whose mission is to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Kiva allows anybody in the world to read about, see, and ultimately help small business owners, by making microloans as small as $25.
Since Kiva was founded in 2005 they've connected 1.3M lenders to borrowers, for a total of over $700M lent. They're still growing fast.
But Kiva doesn't have an official iPhone app. We wanted to make the lending experience on mobile beautiful, highlight entrepreneur stories, and allow lenders to see their impact.
With Codepath's help, the three of us built this app in three weeks. We're engineers but new to iOS. We hope you like and use our app!
Features of the App
- Read stories & background of business owners
- View areas of the most need on the map
- Comprehensive search filters
- See the impact and stats of your loans
- View teams you collaborate with
- Make loans via Kiva's integration with Paypal