We wanted to use the Tango development kit and Unity.
What it does
This application on a Tango dev kit will give the user the ability to place a kitten anywhere in the room.
How we built it
We used unity connected to some Tango libraries that let us use the Tango sensors.
Challenges we ran into
- It crashes constantly
- The inventory system stopped working halfway through
- The project got corrupted with 2 hours to go
- The engine kept asking us to update despite using the latest version
- Since its a dev kit there is little online to find help debugging
- The internet was really slow so we had issues sharing it between team members.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
It makes a kitty cat appear in a room and figured out how to add a button.
What we learned
None of us had tried AR before, or used the Tango development kit.
What's next for KittyKat
Trying to make more than just the cat work.