We noticed that trash in trash-bin are not well classified and this may lead to great waste of resources. Meanwhile, it’s typically hard to force people to classify trashes correctly. Monitoring status of trash-bins in real time is tedious for cleaners. Thus we suggest a better way to manage status of trash-bins based on intelligent classification of trashes.
What it does
- Monitor status (fill/empty/half-filled) of trash-bins and send notifications to cleaners when it gets filled.
- Classify the trashes into corresponding category without human intervention
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Build a simulation program to simulate mechanical architecture of new-generation trash-bin
- Collaboration together to make IOS app within one day
What we learned
- Realistic situation is much more complicated than we expected. You should carefully consider all possible cases.
- We may save much time and efforts with knowledge of some existing libraries or packages.
- We get access to various techniques like Firebase, Google Vision, AlwaysAI.
What's next for king of trash-bin
- We will apply it to wider areas, instead of USC campus.
- We will try training machine learning model to improve accuracy of category prediction
- Design cooler trash-bin(adjust the capacity for different types of trash)