I am volunteering with kids in Ukraine few years, including Hour of Code initiative (https://code.org/learn).
Usually kids start learn computer science with Scratch, and for hour of code initiative volunteers mostly use Scratch tutorial - so it is became boring:(
I want to help teens (11-19 years old person) discover other, technical side of Instagram and show huge field to express creativity, show what they care about.
What it does
My tutorial - is end-to-end step-by-step guide for absolute beginners.
How I built it
- I followed official tutorial Spark AR tutorial - and mark every hard moment and place where I was stack.
Challenges I ran into
- English is not my native language, so it was quite hard to find right words
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- I create my first ever anInstagram filter, a tutorial, a github page.
What I learned
- How to build AR effects, github page, working with Spark AR interface.
What's next for Spark AR for teens (Hour of code edition)
- translate this tutorial in Ukrainian and provide it to our DevC Kyiv members to host hour of code with AR in Ukraine
- move this to Docusaurus 2 and add translation to other languages
- create lessons note for teacher