We need a new IDE with enhanced developer experience for smart contract developments.
What it does
KIDE allows you to code smart contracts in your favorite language of choice (LLVM-based langs only).
How I built it
- Forked the WebAssembly.Studio
- Patch the clang-slug build pipeline to eWASM specs
- Create a "Hello World" Nim contract template
Challenges I ran into
- Not a single proper and consistent pipeline to build & run WASM contracts
- Nim not supported in the Monaco editor
- The language team & the specs team are not lively connected & this had some bumps
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- Bring clarity to the eWASM Contract development & build pipeline along with conformity from team members
- Build another cool IDE for contract development, and show the enterprises how blockchain is done ;)
- Bring together the people with the potential to co-ordinate together and make this usable
What I learned
- Clang pipeline & new flags :) /o/
- EEI & ECI
- Nimble& other cool stuffs! Goes on ..
What's next for KIDE (Krama Intelligent Development Environment)
- Full pipeline support for Nim contracts (by end of next week)
- Extended LLVM support to C, C++, Rust & Python (by end of JAN 19)
- We are open to suggestions!! Let us know :)