- I often wasted a lot of time due to the high sensitivity of key repeat and delay until repeat on my computer. I tried changing the sensitivity in the settings, but I could not figure out the best setting that fits my personal typing style and speed.
What it does
- This program saves the typing rate. If the user deletes the repeated letter, then we know that the keyboard was too sensitive. Over time, the data about the user is saved, and the average rate is calculated. Then, the keyboard will repeat once the time exceeds the average typing rate. ## How we built it
Challenges we ran into
- I could not figure out how to make the program save the typing time. After a long research, I figured out the method I should use.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- I have been frustrated with this keyboard sensitivity all my middle school and high school life. With more improvements, I hope to get this project finalized and be able to use this. This will save a lot of keyboard time.
What we learned
- I have always wanted to fix this situation. I tried setting out of my comfort zone and participated in my first hackathon after learning java for 1 month. Through this project, I learned that I should not be hesitant and try to pursue new projects.
What's next for Keyboard Helper
- I want to communicate with a professional and improve this java program. I hope one day, I will be able to implement this.