I have a power of attorney for my mother/father who has dementia and I want to give them the best care possible. I'm trying to sign and send these forms but the scanner is broke and mailing it takes too long. Every time I sign these and send them out there is an issue resulting in a long wait because there is not a streamlined process which makes me feel sad that my parents aren't getting their care in a timely matter.
What I built
- Platform Independent Application for Kendal and Caretakers that can be run on ios, Android or on Web.
- Registration Interface available to Kendal, where they can enter senior citizens details and their caretakers
- Registration Interface for caretakers.
- Kendal can select senior citizen, the signal they want to send (pdf document) and send it to caretakers via single click.
- Caretakers can digitally sign the documents and send back to Kendal, thus fasten the complete process.
Challenges I ran into
- Using Ionic Framework for the first time
- Saving Digital sign in pdf was challenge
- Converting the text and image in json and merging them in pdf.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
What I learned
- Ionic framework.
- Lot about processing pdf file
What's next for Kendal
- Integration with SharePoint
- Facial Recognition for Authorization