A 'simple' email click tracker. Why? Because Tout can't do per link tracking & not everything justifies a MailChimp campaign. Also, I'm totally over open/read tracking pixels. I don't care if you read my email, I care if you clicked & converted.
Add your API keys, project ID, and target event collection to
main.js and then launch
Create a tracked link
- Define redirect URL (the link you want to track)
- Add optional secondary parameters (ip/geo-ip are automatically collected)
- Uncheck Test mode & click to Create tracking link
- Copy and paste, but don't click, the link into your email.
View activity report
Click Refresh link or wait for 2 min auto-refresh. Every click (even your own) will be recorded along with date & time, ip, and Keen's best guess for city/country.
Ideas for improvement
- Create dropdowns/options for multiple collections so each user has their own collection.
- Better styling & CSS cleanup
- Mobile styles and/or responsive design
- Expose more tracking parameters
- Add more default tracking parameters
- Sortable columns (implemented this earlier, but didn't like it)
- Your feedback here.