For the drinking game Kastenlauf you normaly need a lot of people. Each team consists of at least four people and your need minimum two teams. Beacause of this is often not possible to join in this fun competition because of to much organising.
What it does
With our app it's possible to play with four friends in a team against all the other teams in the city.
You just click one start button and the rest is calculated in the background:
- Based on your location and the location of the other teams we calculate a unique meeting point
- 30 minutes before the game you get the location of the startpoint and the route to it
- Right on time you get the target coordinates and the route to it
You habe a fun time with your friend and meet new drinking buddys in the end.
And the best: It has pixel graphics :D
How we built it
We devided in four different sections:
- Frontend (L1am0) _ We strictly divided in to MVC concept and it helped me a lot for the frontend. I am still learning android development and this project was a headstart for me to make my future apps look cool :D _
- Android Backend
- Math genious <- Working out the triangulation pathfinding algorithm
Accomplishments that we're proud of
We created a algorithm for the pathfinding for that we could not find a API online..so we think we are one of the first to solve (or ran into) this problem :D
What we learned
We learned a lot about the pain of android programming. We had a different error on different device..so confusing.
Sometimes it's better to step back and try to have another look or get help: After three hours of calculations and anger we got a tipp for our problem and it was solved in six lines of code _
What's next for Kastenlauf
We hope to get the App more stable and are able to ship until mid may. Features we are planing to implement:
- Freemium finanzing modell