Helvar provides excellent smart light solutions for office spaces. The system of indoor lights generates and collects much of informative real-time data like brightness levels, power consumption and so on. To access that data, the user has to go through the API which is hard for a non-coder. In addition, it can get difficult to keep track of each smart light with the ID and not the position. To solve this matter we created a dynamic and interactive interface based on Helvar’s office indoor map.
Here are the key features-
- Target audience is office admin/maintenance engineer who can query information about the lights remotely and even control light settings.
- Based on original office map, it is easy to locate light source. Map is scalable and zoomable.
- Information available-
- Device ID
- Current Light Level
- Current Power Consumption
- Light Level summary over last 3 days
- Power Consumption summary over last 3 days
- Live video feed from infrared cameras which shows amount of people detected
- Controls available-
- Slider to update Light Level
- Office admin can check average number of people in the office and can increase/decrease light levels accordingly.
- Office admin can monitor power consumption of lights using the charts and check up on a light if a strange trend is detected.
This project is a prototype for a more advanced and scalable system with features like-
- Smart notification: when strange trends are detected in a light source, the user will get a notification in the dashboard.
- Find meeting space: using the camera and trends of how many people are in a space at given times, optimal meeting space can be found.
- Scalable map creation: the base indoor map will be created using beacon technology.
- Smart configuration of lights (please check the simulated images): Based on historical human activities, lights can be configured automatically in each day
- Backend code is processed in Python.
- Camera information processed using OpenCV.
- Web dashboard works with Django framework.
- Maps are created using Leaflet JS library.
- Interface is built with Bootstrap.
- To run app type
./manage.py runserverand open