Jim Gym : your training buddy
This is a training chatbot inspired by this one : https://gymbot.io/.The idea was to have a chatbot that can simplify the data collection for my training.My idea was to creat a chatbot to monitor my own training and get access to the data that i can used to make my own analytics (cross these data with smart balance and strava sessions).
This is the answer to a data acquisition problem.
What it does
- Collect your exercices (easiest way than gym bot with a quick reply and a analysis of the past data)
- Give you some challenge
How I built it
I used a flask api that I deploy on a AWS lambda (I used zappa to deploy the api).I used lex to make some quick keywords detection to start or stop a session. Lex is not use efficiently but for the first part I don't need it.
Challenges I ran into
Working in sprint mode (last 4 days)
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
Working bot that i can use
What I learned
Bad idea to start 4 days before the deadline
What's next for Jim Gym
- Try to improve it , make a nice UI (use giphy emoji for example).
- Connect to third parties api (like strava or withings)
- Make analysis on the data
- Add lex to better understand the user (select your challenge on specific time range for example)
- Maybe try to deploy a production version