I've been struggling with receiving phone notifications and navigation data riding my motorcycle. Oftentimes, I miss my turns due to my lack of navigational skills without a GPS
What it does
We created a Hybrid application which sends navigational information (maneuvers), as well as other notification data (sms, phone call) to the Arduino. The Arduino takes this data and manipulates the array of 8 LEDs to display information to the user in an intuitive way. The lights rely strictly on peripheral vision, allowing the user to be notified of events without taking his/her eyes of the road.
How I built it
Stuck things together. Essentially and over glorified "Blink" program.
Challenges I ran into
- Lots of issues sending data from the app to the string.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
It works exactly as it's intended to. Lights are fully visible during daytime, and not blinding at night.
What I learned
What's next for Jarvis
- Create a custom PCB board for to reduce size (or use an Arduino Nano instead of an uno).
- Make a 3D printed case that can be mounted universally any motorcycle helmet
- Use a multicoloured LED strip for more indicators (ex: tells user that they are over the speed limit)
- Enable custom blinking patterns and configurations
- Rechargeable battery