Confluence-Users can fill in Forms to create JIRA Issues
On the left: The Blueprint wizzard On the right: The created Page with the Issue create form
On the left: The empty "Issue create form" macro On the right: The automatically generated form - shown to a confluence-user
On the left: The customized page in Edit-Mode On the right: The customized page - shown to a confluence-user
The current available solution to create Issues while viewing a Confluece page works perfectly, if you create issues based on your product requirements defined in Confluence.
Several Atlassian Usergroup participants I talked to, said something like: "The business teams in my company love Confluence and several of them believe JIRA is for Software Developer"
Would it be nice, to lower the gap for them. So that they can see how useful JIRA is.
What it does
Shows a customizable issue create form on a Confluence page and allows a user to create JIRA issues while viewing the page. All you need is an Application Link between JIRA and Confluence, with OAuth (impersonation), and j.in.c.
In addition: You can explain why some Fields are required and give the reporter hints while he creates an Issue
How I built it
- Anaylsis via confluence and draw.io
- Requirements vIa JIRA Software
- Improvements via dogfooding and JIRA issues
Challenges I ran into
- small json-changes between JIRA releases
What's next for j.in.c
- it should be cluster ready, but i have to test it
- support for more fields types: e.g. attachments, all the epic fields, cascade select
- default (and hidden) values
- test automation
- cloud version