Helping potential dates to get to know each other & build connection easily by introducing a friendly GPT chatbot into the chatroom!
The service is currently archived. Connect with us on Twitter if you wanna try it out!
What it does
Main features built & deployed:
- jumpstart the conversation by providing ice-breakers relevant to both parties' profiles
- reads all messages and jumps in when the conversation can benefit from it (e.g. providing a different topic, or engaging both parties)
- measures mutual-interest level in real time and proposes offline dates when the score is high!
- steers the conversation when it is not going well / inappropriate content detected
- responds immediately when user sends a messages with "@bot"
How we built it
- Ruby on Rails & VoiceFlow, hosted on Render.com
- For the app I used a bootstrap template I am familiar with, tweaking it to become a 1:1 dating platform
- For the chatbot we designed prompts from ground up (see github), using VoiceFlow to act as a proxy to GPT-3-turbo, and implemented a mutual-interest evaluator as an agent (that returns integers 0-2)
Challenges we ran into
- we ran into a weird issue in production that makes chatrooms freeze once every 3 minutes at 1 am in the morning when we tried to record the demo video XD. It was fun debugging the heck out of it and we got it working just a few hours before the deadline!
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- bootstrapped a reasonably well-performing app in a few hours : )
- we worked together super efficiently as a team!
What we learned
- OMG prompt engineering is fun. Before this hackathon I never thought I'd enjoy it so much
- I think VoiceFlow's traditional voice agent logic actually makes a lot of sense combined with GPT - it provides so much structure and I think this will be able to power a lot of use cases
What's next for It Takes Three
- We are super excited to invite all our friends to play with it
- Maybe turning it into a real dating app?