Imagine creating a thousand copies of the exact same issue each day. Wouldn't that be exhausting? Here's where Issue Templates comes helpful. It automates the process of copying an issue as much as it's possible. Create a template in just a few simple steps and enjoy copying it as many times as you want.
What it does
Issue Templates Cloud brings the functionality of the well known server plugin Issue Templates to the Cloud. Create templates from issues in just half a minute and enjoy the simplicity and comfort of creating new issues from templates. Now you can create a fully valuable issue just by selecting the template.
How we built it
Challenges we ran into
Making up thousands of workarounds each day, because of the limitations of the Atlassian Connect API. But that's where the fun comes from, isn't it?
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Porting the main idea and functionality of Issue Templates to the Cloud.
- Making it lighwieght, fast, simple and easy to use at the same time.
What we learned
- How to incorporate several new frameworks such as: React, Handlebars.js and Express.js.
- An incredible amount of coding tricks and hacks.
- To never give up thinking of the perfect workaround...
What's next for Issue Templates Cloud
The Autocomplete feature. The idea is to pre-fill issue fields with values from a selected template in the create issue dialog. This could be accomplished with jira.openCreateIssueDialog API. Unfortunatelly, at the moment, only Project and Issue Type can be pre-filled.
Supporting customfields. Currently, only the jira native fields are supported.
Try it out
You can actually try it out right now:
- Open the plugin manager in JIRA.
- Enable development mode (click the 'settings' link at the bottom and check the 'Enable development mode' field).
- Click the 'Upload add-on' link at the top and paste this link in the dialog.
Check out our documentation.