The world can be what we want it to be. It is time to take charge to develop communities transparently for an equitable future.
What does the App do:
iShare is an interactive and user-friendly platform to gather human, financial and material resources, and make them accessible for sustainable community development. iShare brings people, and organisations together to share their time, funds, or material resources with the local and global communities to make a meaningful impact.
How we built it:
First, the Team lead, Ms. Saadia Khan developed a dummy app to depict the workflow of the app. We utilised the available expertise of a team member Mr. Wali to develop the app on Flutter. We also used Conva to develop the logo for iShare. We communicated with each other online and held meetings to bring out the visualized app in the given timeframe.
Challenges we ran into:
- Lack of participants with the set of tech skills required in the hackathon.
- Lack of mentorship in the required field.
- Lack of real-time online interaction to address participants' queries.
Accomplishments that we're proud of:
- Finding a synergistic team of valuable contributors who maintained open communication channels to design and develop iShare.
What we learned:
- The basics of app development process.
- Integration of different set of skills.
What's next for iShare:
- To take iShare a step further by developing a full-fledged app.
- To get certificates and permits for financial transactions.
- To liaison with registered charity organizations and banks for creating a pool of financial resources
- To pilot the app.
- To get youth and people on board to reach out to the communities for their development.
- To integrate an API for real-time disaster relief.