iPonzi started off as a joke between us, but we decided that PennApps was the perfect place to make our dream a reality.
What it does
The app requires the user to sign up using an email and/or social logins. After purchasing the application and creating an account, you can refer your friends to the app. For every person you refer, you are given $3, and the app costs $5. All proceeds will go to Doctors' Without Borders. A leader board of the most successful recruiters and the total amount of money donated will be updated.
How I built it
Challenges I ran into
- Learning a new framework
- Live deployment to firebase hosting
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- Mobile like experience offline
- App shell architecture and subsequent load times.
- Contributing to pushing the boundaries of web
What I learned
- Don't put payment API's into production in 2 days.
- DOM module containment
What's next for iPonzi
- Our first donation
- Expanding the number of causes we support by giving the user a choice of where their money goes.
- Adding addition features to the app