It's a game we all had the itch to play, so we made it. Sometimes you want to have a nice time playing games with friends, but you're not close to your console or your PC, so having a nice and challenging party game that can be played with your cellphone can be a good alternative.
What it does
It is a party game, in the style of Mario Party or Wario Ware that can be played with your phone.
How we built it
We used python for the server and Haxe for the client, using HaxePunk as the game engine.
Challenges we ran into
- Communicating the client and the server.
- Coming up with mini-game ideas.
- Networking problems.
- Making artwork, as we are all programmers.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- We made a fun game.
- We finished a working demo.
- It's an overlooked genre on an underestimated platform.
What we learned
- Teamwork communication.
- HaxePunk game development.
- Multithreading with python.
What's next for IPA
- Polish the games.
- Add more games.
- Let the users create different lobbies to play the game with their friends.
- Add ads to generate money.
- Take advantage of the different sensors of smartphones (gyro, camera, microphone, etc.) to improve the game experience.