The need for a centralized platform that manages all kind of donations made to a given cause/campaign and gamification tools that encourage donors to continue.
What it does
Our product is a gamified-donation platform, i.e. employs game mechanics in non-game contexts in order to boost engagement, and provide successful end-results. A simple, yet effective donations portal that beats the transient nature of existing funding platforms with gamification, and incentives to streamline all donations through one platform. Donations to charities in Singapore have been rising – over $1.1 billion in funding in 2014 and rising ever since. But both charities and donors feel the need for a streamlined process to handle donations, and no better way for donor retention than to gamify the process.
What does our web app do?
- Allows potential donors to sign up and look out for the organizations and movements they support.
- Allows charities to seek funding efficiently without manning booths and stalls outside MRT stations
- Allows people to see impact of the funding they’ve provided
- Points for donation, and integration with social media
- Level ups and achievements – unlock rewards and vouchers sponsored by trusts/funds/organizations to incentivise giving.
- See the leader-board of donations for friends and celebrities who donate to your cause
Why is this new?
- Existing platforms are created by issue/event and often do not show impact/the parent organizations
- They have no component of follow up which allows the donors and charities to continue interacting
- Gamification in this field is a new concept that revives interest
How we built it
Front End: HTML5, CSS3, JS, jQuery Back End: ExpressJS, MongoDB
Challenges we ran into
We are a newly formed team, initially, we tried to use a new framework (Vue.js) and failed. This put us under the pump but gave us the opportunity to perform and "hack" our way around the time constraint
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Persevering through our setback and successfully deploying the app
What we learned
- MVC architecture
What's next for iNTUition
Intuition is a good opportunity for teams to come together and present solutions. However, a greater component of networking and interaction would be great for the next edition.