An abundance of qualified applicants lose their chance to secure their dream job simply because they are unable to effectively present their knowledge and skills when it comes to the interview. The transformation of interviews into the virtual format due to the Covid-19 pandemic has created many challenges for the applicants, especially students as they have reduced access to in-person resources where they could develop their interview skills.
What it does
Interviewy is an Artificial Intelligence based interface that allows users to practice their interview skills by providing them an analysis of their video recorded interview based on their selected interview question. Users can reflect on their confidence levels and covered topics by selecting a specific time-stamp in their report.
How we built it
This Interface was built using the MERN stack In the backend we used the AssemblyAI APIs for monitoring the confidence levels and covered topics. The frontend used react components.
Challenges we ran into
- Learning to work with AssemblyAI
- Storing files and sending them over an API
- Managing large amounts of data given from an API
- Organizing the API code structure in a proper way
Accomplishments that we're proud of
• Creating a streamlined Artificial Intelligence process • Team perseverance
What we learned
• Learning to work with AssemblyAI, Express.js • The hardest solution is not always the best solution
What's next for Interviewy
• Currently the confidence levels are measured through analyzing the words used during the interview. The next milestone of this project would be to analyze the alterations in tone of the interviewees in order to provide a more accurate feedback. • Creating an API for analyzing the video and the gestures of the the interviewees