We came up with the idea for Intervent after reading a medium article that discussed the mental benefits of telling others about your issues. We decided to make an app to ease that process so that others can alleviate stress and better their lives.
What it does
This app allows users to select tags to indicate the issue they are currently facing. Afterward, users can click the search button to look for others that experience similar issues so that they can talk to one another about it.
How we built it
We built our first mobile app, Intervent, using Flutter and Firebase.
Challenges we ran into
- Understanding how to work with flutter and firebase as this was our first time working with flutter.
- Firebase just not wanting to work with us.
- Design issues (Arguments about the design of the app).
- Learning a new language under the given time frame.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- For our first mobile app, we are proud of our app that was made as a result of our hard work and resilience.
- We were able to learn a new language and framework over the period of ~3 days.
What we learned
- Flutter is a very beginner-friendly framework that makes it pretty easy to create beautiful apps.
- How to use Firebase with Flutter.
What's next for Intervent
- Code cleanup.
- ChatBot interaction with Firebase ML Kit.
- Better UI design.