We need a low cost and efficient Virtual Reality solution.
What it does
A custom Virtual Reality Environment/Hardware working in Unity
How I built it
Over the weekend, I finished Unity support for my custom headset as well as drivers for the different pieces of hardware. I Also worked on Motion Capture with my laptop webcam
Challenges I ran into
- Learning python
- Learning OpenCV
- Coding drivers in C# for hardware
- Arduino and Unity synchronization ## Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- My system now supports Unity 3D with possible motion capture. ## What I learned
- Python and OpenCV
- Motion Capture and Image processing
- Unity hardware connectivity
- There are still many issues in the current build of the support software
## What's next for Integrated Virtual Reality System
Continue working on unity support and add Unreal Support. Also keep polishing the hardware in reliability and performance.
Log in or sign up for Devpost to join the conversation.