Vote casted for the poll
Creating a poll
Poll Ready, now can vote
All available polls
Sign up screen
Data stored in firebase for the poll created
After every polling election, there are speculations that the data, in this case 'votes' have been tampered, since there is no authority to check the validity and authenticity of the person casting the vote. Hence it becomes easy for someone to forge the identity and make false submission. Thus there is a need to have a decentralised voting/polling system that validates the vote coming from a user.
What it does
Instant polls not only let's you poll within seconds, it is REALTIME and also protects you from false submissions or double spending problem (as seen in blockchain). It uses unique hash keys for every user and before casting a vote this hash key is used to check the authenticity of the user (if the user is allowed to vote or not).
How we built it
As a POC we created this project for web as well as mobile devices (cross-platform).
For the web we used VueJS for the frontend and Firebase as the backend.
For mobile we used Xamarin.
Challenges we ran into
- Updating the vote count for a specific user i.e. the poll the user had already voted for.
- Updating the poll count on mobile device.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Making cross platform mobile application.
- Making front-end without using any bootstrap or css library.
- Managing real-time updates.
What we learned
- Firebase with Xamarin.
What's next for InstantPolls
- Use Komodo platform to manage the authenticity of the user.
- Data Visualisation to see the poll results in real-time (could not complete due to time constraint).