Ever experience a moment of genius? See something that moves you to tears? Watch one of those super motivational videos on YouTube? What if you wanted to track these and come back to it for future inspiration? Now you can!
Want to share an inspirational story? Want to check out what's moving other people? We aim to do just that.
What it does
We fetch information from all over the Internet using a Chrome extension and use of the respective APIs to fill our backend. We also gather information using an iPhone app that can take pictures and generate voice recordings (and throw it in the backend). Then magic happens (we hope). We try to create 'Stories' for users to use as motivation. A Story can comprise of Tweets, Instagram posts, a really cool YouTube video... Or maybe a cool speech you recorded. Or even, a really pretty place you visited during last Thanksgiving.
How We built it
- Web (Angular, jQuery)
- Backend (Node)
- iOS (Objective C, Camera/Photo Upload, Speech Recognition Upload)
- Instagram API
- Twitter API
- Chrome Extension
- Google Speech Recognition API
- Google Maps API
- YouTube API
Challenges we ran into
- Streamlining things together
- Creating something unique and challenging.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- All features and functionalities are good to go! We hit 5 out of the 7-8 APIs that we wanted to use.
What we learned
- Functionality and capability of many APIs
What's next for Inspire Higher
- More thorough overhaul of a user-content interaction system
- More features and polish
- Enter the VR: Try to inspire people using virtual experiences; live vicariously