Our group inspiration for this project is because of reporters making light of our school security by filming around them and saying that our school has weak security. This video in the website gave us the idea to try to improve the schools safety.
What it does
Our web page makes it so that the people in the building are only the ones authorized to be there without an appointment, while the visitor has to create an appointment to receive their QR code in order to get in the building.
How we built it
Challenges we ran into
1) We had limited amount of time so we had to focus on important aspect of the project while some details were left out, If we had more time we would had gone more in depth with the design and more functions to better improve the usage of the webpages.
2) Organizing all the work we did in 1 computer.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
1) We are proud of every body in the group because every one was on task and did their work. 2) Proud of the perfect communication as well as the team work 3) We are proud of our work even if we don't win because we know we did our best with the limited amount of time.
What we learned
1) We learned how to implement the time frame skill from Mrs.Ramirez in this event today. 2) Gained the skill to adapt in a changing situation. 3) Eat while working and not creating a mess.
What's next for Innovation for School Security
1) Gaining support from private company and government. 2) Hiring a professional to better take note of the website and improvise. 3) Create our own unique QR code that changes depending on the person name. 4) Making sure the QR code expires after its usage for a full day.